Updated on 20/05/2017
Scarborough Chapter of Professional Engineers of Ontario is pleased to announce the 3rd Modular Electronic Engineering (MEE) contest designed for Grade 5 and 6 students. It is an educational project that engages volunteers, Scarborough area schools and the general public in order to enhance the knowledge and interest of the teachers and students in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) by using electronic modules.
* Eligibility: First preference will be given to students from Scarborough, Ontario area (Attending to a Scarborough school).
* Deadline for registration: Closed
* Date of competition: April 29, 2017
* Visit the PEOSC website often for the latest information, including model questions and confirmation of your registration.
* There are only 30 Contestant Seats available for this year.
* Please email your questions to our event coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.
VENUE: Yee Hong Centre,60 Scottfield Drive, Scarborough MAP
The MEE Contest will be delivered in two stages:
Stage 1: 9:00am to 10:00am - All participants will be taught how to use pre-fabricated electronic modules like wireless transmitters, motors, sensors, LED etc to build simple devices that move on command. The participants will learn how to build electronic devices that they control with motion or sound using LEGO like electronic module and in the process review topics ranging from 2.4GHz radio frequency (RF) to Light Sensors. One of these devices will be a remote operated vehicle (ROV) that can be controlled using a remote controller, both of these devices will be built by the participants. After the morning session there will be 20 Multiple choice questions that each group has to answer.
Stage 2: 10:00am to 12:00pm - The participants will be randomly divided into 6 groups, where each group of 5 will be tasked to use the learning from the morning sessions to build an autonomous car that can travel along a set path without any external help. The first team to build and complete the contest will win the first prize. There will be water and light snacks available, participants are requested to bring their own food as there are no restaurants available on site.
* First two teams with the highest scores will be awarded with Prizes and Position Certificates
* All participants will receive a MEE Participation Certificate from the PEO Scarborough Chapter.
* A tie breaker contest will be conducted amongst the top teams in the event of a tie.
1. This contest will be conducted in English only.
2. A panel of adjudicators will resolve all disputes. Their decisions are final and binding.
3. Teachers, parents, guardians and their guests are welcome to attend the event and cheer the participants. The competition will be held in an auditorium. The guests will be able to witness the whole event and see the participants in action.
4. Teachers, parents, guardians and their guests are required not to assist or interfere with the participants.
5. Space is limited for the audience. Entry is on a first come first served basis.
6. Food and drinks are not permitted inside the auditorium.
7. A student without proper registration will not be permitted to participate in the competition.
| HOME |