Updated on May 12, 2015
We are proud to hold our 12th Annual BBC in the spirit of promoting the 2015 National Engineering Month for Scarborough Community School students in grades 3-6 (Junior) and grades 7-8 (Senior).
Students build bridges out of Popsicle sticks and White school glue prior to the event (at home/school). We perform load testing to destruct the bridges right in front of the students and a large audience on the day of event! This is not a small task as some of the bridges built were very strong.
|RESULTS JUNIOR||RESULTS SENIOR||
PHOTOS - VOLUNTEERS
Follow PEO Scarborough on twitter: @PEOScarborough.
* Deadline for registration: Closed
* Date of competition: April 11, 2015
* Venue: Scarborough Civic Centre, 150 Borough Drive, Scarborough
* Registration Fee: $6/Team
* Please email your concerns or questions to our event coordinator: email@example.com
* A draft document on Bridge is available for Students for review.
1. Senior Level – Students enrolled in grade 8 and 7
2. Junior Level – Students enrolled in grade 6, 5, 4 and 3
Eligibility, and Prizes
1.Each team must have at east 2 students or upto a maximum of 3 students. To encourage teamwork, one student teams are not permitted.
2. Each participating team member must be a full time student attending a school located only in the Scarborough area.
Student residing in Scarborough but attending schools located elsewhere outside
4. Each Student can participate in only one level (either Senior or Junior team) and one team of this competition.
5. Prizes, in total value over $1000, in 12 categories.
6. Bridge Performance (bridge capacity divided by bridge weight) Score and Judges' Score will be evaluated independently for both Senior and Junior levels.
7. The prizes for first, second, and third place will be awarded to each category (Bridge Performance, Judges' Score) for each level (Senior, Junior). Prize values given below are for per student of the winning team:
5. All participants will be given a certificate of participation.
1. Registration will be on a first come first served basis.
2. Student’s teacher or parent/guardian must provide the address of the school of each student.
3. If you have any difficulty in filling the form, please contact the coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org prior to filling the on-line form.
4. Approximately one hundred students will be registered for each level. Additional applicants will be wait-listed.
5. There is no limit on number of teams from each school, however, each teacher can complete up to 10 teams.
6. Download Parental Consent Form and bring it on the day of event.
7. The registration fee is $6.00 per team. Fee can be paid in Cash or Cheques on the event day. If paid by cash then please bring exact $6.00, as change may not be available. Cheques are to be made payable to PEO Scarborough Chapter.
8. On date of event please bring the completed and signed Parental Consent form and the Registration Fee to the Scarborough Civic Centre.9. School teacher shall register the students in his/her class. If a school does not participate, parents or guardians of interested (eligible) students may register directly.
1. This contest will be conducted in English only.
2. A panel of adjudicators will resolve all disputes. Their decisions are final and binding.
3. Teachers, parents, guardians and their guests are welcome to attend the event and cheer the participants. The competition will be held in the Council Chambers. The guests will be able to witness the whole event and see the students in action.
4. Teachers, parents, guardians and their guests are required not to assist or interfere with the contestants.
5. Space is limited for the audience up to 350. Entry is on a first come first served basis.
6. Food and drinks are not permitted inside the auditorium.
7. A student without proper registration will not be permitted to participate in the competition.
8. Bridge specification and Rules must be followed in making the bridge.
9. Bring some spare popsicle sticks, white glue, and construction paper for any last minute modifications, repairs to the bridge and containers of used glue to assist in judging process
| HOME |